You all know how successful our Thrift Store is, but did you know they also do a lot for the community in other ways?
Over the summer, Karen, Betty and their volunteers:
- continued to give all our children’s books away for free.
- gave away books July 19th – 21st.
- celebrated our Christmas in July event the week of July 26th–28th. Everything was 50% off.
- gave five bicycles to two refugee families (both refugee committees).
- gave away all our clothing on August 31st and September 1st.
- continue to help a number of individuals with free merchandise, including a few homeless men who come and get new clothes each week.
- have started to match people with the furniture we don’t accept (i.e. beds, etc.) with individuals in need of the furniture. We do not charge for this service.
Clothing, Housewares, Linens, Furniture!!
Why pay top dollar when you can find it right here!
Located at 128 – 10th Ave North, on the south side of the church, the thrift store is co-managed by Karen Shannon and Betty Martin, and they have a great team of volunteers! Together, the store is kept in tip-top shape. The volunteers work hard sorting and pricing all of the clothing, housewares and other items that are donated. They also man the til and help customers on the floor. This keeps them very very busy!!
SHOP: Wed, Thu, Fri 8:30am – 12:30pm
DONATE: Mon – Fri 9:00am – 12:00noon
CALL KAREN: 250-977-5923
CALL BETTY: 250-254-2259
The Creston Valley Advance Reader’s Choice “Best of the Best” online campaign ran from January 9th to February 9th. They had unbelievable participation, with over 13,000 votes placed!
Trinity Treasures won Silver for Best Thrift Shop; Silver for Best Place to Spend Your Last $10; and Bronze for Best Local Charitable Organization. The really cool thing is that the community just “wrote it in” for us to win the Best Local Charitable Organization….it wasn’t even one of the categories!!
Note from Karen: Betty and I are speechless. While I love getting the two silvers, I am most honoured by the bronze for Best Charity Org. I really feel the community sees how our church helps, and I have a lump in my throat. Next year we get gold! ~ Karen.