This is the suggested process for personal work with each faith question:
- Take your time. Set aside half an hour or more for uninterrupted reflection time.
- Create Sacred Space. Find a quiet and comfortable place for your reflection time. Create a ritual, perhaps lighting a candle or ringing a bell.
- Sit quietly, and ask God to help you be open to the presence of the sacred in and around you.
- Respond. Write the faith question in your journal, and allow the question to fill you. As you become aware of words or images, write or draw them in your journal.
- Reflect and explore the feelings you are experiencing. Which feelings elicit the strongest emotions? Which do you want to explore further? Which ones do you prefer to set aside?
- Pray to close this reflection time, and offer a prayer of gratitude: For what has been, thank you O God. For what is, thank you O God. For what will be, thank you O God. Amen